Carpet Cleaning Questions
10 things to know before getting your carpets professionally cleaned
1. How often should carpets be cleaned?
A. - Most companies suggests that carpets are cleaned professionally every 12 to 18 months. Others recommend every 3 to 6 months for high traffic homes and residents with pets.
2. How long does it take for carpet or furniture to dry?
A. - Drying times can range between 2-6 hours. This depends on various factors including weather, temperature, airflow, and density of the fabric or fiber. The use of heaters, fans, and open windows could help expedite the drying process.
3. Do you move furniture or should we?
A. - YES, we will move most furniture such as couches, sofas, tables, and chairs. However, in the case we don't feel safe or comfortable moving an object, we have the right to deny moving it.
4. How long does the carpet cleaning process usually take?
A. - This would depend on the size of the room and the area of the carpet or flooring. Usually the process takes between 10 and 30 minutes to complete a room.
5. Should I move or clean anything prior to carpets being professionally cleaned?
A. - Anything would help. It is recommended that all valuables and breakables be moved and it wouldn't hurt to vacuum the carpets before. Our trained staff will help move heavier items.
6. Does cleaning your carpets damage or make them wear and tear quicker?
A. - NO, carpets that are cleaned professionally and maintained regularly actually outlast carpets that are not. When floors are soiled, dirt acts like an abrasive and will wear carpets down quicker.
7. Can you remove pet stains and odor?
A. - In most cases YES. There have been some cases where the stain remains after the cleaning process, but we can definitely remove the odor. Additional charges may apply.
8. How long will I have to wait before walking on my carpet?
A. - You can walk on your carpet immediately after it being cleaned. Limiting the amount of traffic is highly recommended as well as wearing protective shoes covers to avoid carpets from dirtying quickly.
9. Does someone need to be home during the cleaning process?
A. - NO, just as long as all of the proper paperwork is signed and filled out we can proceed with the cleaning. All of our technicians are fully insured in case of any mishaps.
10. What to do if I need to cancel or reschedule my appointment?
A. - In this case we ask that you be courteous enough to give us a 48 hour notice prior to your appointment time. Scheduling can be made as far as in advanced as you would like. There will be a cancellation fee if a 48 hour notice is not given.